Saturday, September 30, 2017
Half Marathon Course Description:
Runners will leave the Waypoint Center in the village of Bellows Falls and travel through town and out Route 121 to Saxtons River. They will continue through the Vermont Academy campus and back through the village of Saxtons River by the Saxtons River Inn. The course then passes over the Hall Bridge and runs down Barber’s Park Road (dirt) and back onto Route 121. The race finishes in Bellows Falls in the village square. Police and other qualified volunteers will be assisting with traffic control.
8 Miler Course Description:
Runners will leave the Waypoint Center and travel through town, out Route 121 to the covered bridge and back. See map.
The course will have 7 water stations (each with a different theme):
- Mile 3 – Church Avenue in Gageville
- Mile 5.5 – Route 121
- Mile 6.3 – Vermont Academy near the gym
- Mile 7.5 – Saxtons River Inn
- Mile 9 – Barber’s Park Road (Porta toilet)
- Mile 11 – Church Avenue in Gageville
Runners Will Receive:
Runner food at end of race
Prizes for top male and female finishers in each age group
All runners will be entered into a raffle featuring local products and services
Parking on Race Day
The village of Bellows Falls has a number of municipal parking lots. Some parking will be available at the Waypoint Center. Other lots include:
- Buckley’s (Elk’s) parking lot
- Hetty Green parking lot near TDBank
- Newbury’s Parking Lot on Rockingham Street
- Legion Parking Lot on Rockingham Street
- In the village square
QUESTIONS? contact us for more information.